- be 18 or over
- Complete a volunteer application form
- Provide two references
- Provide photographic identity or original birth certificate
- Complete a DBS (disclosure and barring service) check
- Undergo training to assist you in your volunteer role
- Keep your companion support completely confidential.
- Travel expenses can be claimed when you travel to support a client
By giving just a small amount of your time, you can make a real difference to a person's day.
For someone who lives alone, your visit may be the only social contact which they have for that day, or even that week.
Hear from some of our volunteers to get a real understanding of what's involved.